Visa Information for foreigners
What is an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within Turkey.
The e-Visa is an alternative to visas issued at Turkish missions and at the ports of entry.
Different visa procedures are implemented for each country.You can these procedures from this internet adress : www.evisa.gov.tr.
Applicants obtain their visas electronically after entering required information and making payments by a credit or debit card (Mastercard or Visa).
The link to download your e-Visa is given on the final step where you will be informed that your application has been completed successfully. In addition, the same link to download your e-Visa will be emailed to you. Passport control officers at ports of entry can verify your e-Visa on their system. However, you are advised to keep your e-Visa with you either as a soft copy (tablet PC, smart phone, etc.) or as a hard copy in case of any failure on their system.
As in the case of other visas, respective Turkish officials at the ports of entry reserves the right to deny entry into Turkey to a holder of an e-Visa without any explanation.
What do I need for my e-Visa application?
You need to have a travel document valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Turkey. Depending on your nationality, there may be additional requirements. You will be informed of these requirements after you select your country of travel document and travel dates.
What are the advantages of e-Visa?
An e-Visa can be obtained easily anywhere with an internet connection and it saves time that you would otherwise spend on visa applications at Turkish missions or at the ports of entry into Turkey (if you are eligible).
Who is eligible for e-Visa?
Citizens of the countries listed at below link are eligible for the e-Visa provided that they meet required criteria. To find out these criteria, go to Main Page, click on Apply button and select your Country of Travel and Type of Travel Document.
List of the countries
Do I need to enter Turkey on the exact date specified in my application?
No. The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your application. You can enter Turkey on any date within this period.
If my travel dates change, can I apply for e-Visa amendment for change of date?
No. You must obtain another e-Visa.
How do you protect the information that I share during my e-Visa application process?
The Republic of Turkey does not sell, rent or otherwise use for commercial purposes any personal information entered in the e-Visa Application System to third parties. Any information obtained at each stage of the application and the e-Visa issued at the end of the process are stored in high security systems. The applicant bears full responsibility for the safety of the soft and hard copies of the e-Visa. The applicant bears again full responsibility of this information should it fall into the hands of third parties.
The barcode on the e-Visa stores applicant's information in an encrypted and electronically signed form, designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. Access to the content of the barcode is solely provided to the institutions authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. The applicant bears full responsibility for any inconvenience that may result from barcode alterations or forgery caused by the applicant.
More Information can be found at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/
15 things that you need to know before creating an application.
- www.evisa.gov.tr is a government portal run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey.
- e-Visa applications can be created for an individual, for a family (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 people) or for a group (minimum of 10 and maximum of 300 people).
- e-Visa is valid for touristic and trade purposes only.
- You can check if you are eligible for e-Visa by clicking “Main Page > Apply” and selecting your country/region of travel document. Each traveler must obtain a separate e-Visa, including infants and children (even if children/infants are included in their parents’ passports).
- Your travel document must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Turkey. Depending on your nationality, there may be additional requirements. You will be informed of these requirements after you select your nationality and travel dates.
- You can find out about the e-Visa fee by clicking “Main Page > Apply” and selecting your nationality.
- You can only make payment by Mastercard and Visa credit/debit card. The card is not required to be under your name. Kindly make sure that your card has “3D Secure System” and is open to international transactions.
- After you receive the “e-mail address verification message”, you must click the “approve” button and proceed with the payment within 24 hours. Otherwise, your application will time out, the system will not accept payment, and you will need to create a new application.
- Kindly inform the e-Visa Support Desk (Main Page > Contact Us > Contact Form) should you encounter any suspended or unsuccessful transactions during the application procedure. Please do not create a new application or make a new payment unless otherwise advised. The Ministry will not be responsible for additional payments and no refund will be granted in case of such unfinished transactions.
- The e-Visa fee can be made only in US Dollars. You do not have to have a USD account. An equivalent amount in your local currency will be deducted from your account.
- After you make payment, the link to download your e-Visa will be e-mailed to you. Passport control officers at the ports of entry can verify your e-Visa in their system. However, you are advised to keep your e-Visa with you either as a softcopy (on tablet pc, smartphone etc.) or as a hardcopy in case of any failure in the system.
- The validity period of your e-Visa is different than the duration of stay. You may enter Turkey at any time within the validity period. Please note that if you wish to enter Turkey earlier than the date specified on your e-Visa, you must create a new application.
- Once the e-Visa is processed, none of the information on it can be changed. The information on your e-Visa must be exactly the same as the information on your travel document. Otherwise, your e-Visa will be invalid and there will be no refund for it.
- There are numerous web sites which claim to assist users in receiving Turkish e-Visas in return of a service charge. These websites are not endorsed by or associated with the Turkish government. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any misuse of information or failure of service on their side.
- The e-Visa application has no connection with Turkish Embassies or Consulates General. For any questions or comments, kindly contact the e-Visa Support Desk by clicking on Main Page > Contact at www.evisa.gov.tr
PS. Some of above information might be updated. So that kindly check the lates information at www.evisa.gov.tr www.istanbulhotels.com can not be responsible for any invalid information
Tourists, who come from abroad obey the law and legislation for the amount of products.
A) Consumer Goods
a) Tobacco and Tobacco Product
b) Alcoholic Goods
c) Cosmetic Goods
d) Food Products
B) Other Goods
a) Clothing and Travel Goods
b)Electronic and Digital Goods
c) Music Devices
ç) Sport and Game Devices
e) Kitchen Utensils