Santa Maria, consists of a complex consisting of church accommodation conneting the church and the busines premises to the han building in front with line of shops on the ground floor. According to inscription, the church was built in 1904 during the reign of Abdulhamid II.
The painting of the Virgin Mary saved from the fire of 168 stands over main altar. Its simple and symmetrical facade is in the neo-classical style with a composition decipting the Virgin on a gold background in the centre. The nathex under a diagonal vault, opens in to rectangular interior covered with a cross vault restingon the walls and thick columns separating the main interior from the side nave. There is no nave on the other side.
|Address||Tomtom Mh., Istiklal Cd No:171, 34430, Istanbul|