Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I search for hotels by price ?
Yes, but only after you have entered a destination and your dates of travel. Once you have done this, you will be shown a list of available hotels. At the top of the page you can see a “Sort by:” bar, which includes the option of sorting the hotels by price. When you click on “price”, you can sort the hotels by price, combined with specific available room types.
- Can I limit the search to show hotels according to the location; specific facilities, preferences or wishes ?
Yes, you can refine your search in several ways:
- You can type the name of the district or landmark into the “Location/Hotel Name” field in the purple search box.
- If you have already started a search, you can use the filter on the left hand side of the page which helps you to refine your search.
- You can find hotels over the map by clicking on “Map” and rolling your cursor over the hotel icons.
- You can choose to filter your search by “Facility”, for example, to search for hotels with specific facilities and your special preferences.
About Room Types
- What's the difference between a double room and a twin room ?
A double room has one double bed and a twin room has 2 single beds. If a room is called double/twin, it can be set up for either type. You can specify your bedding preference in the “Special Requests” box during your booking process.
- What is "non-refundable" or "free cancellation" ?
Every room has a different policy set to it (by the hotel).
A non-refundable policy means that a fee will apply if you decide to cancel or make changes to your booking. This fee is mentioned in the room conditions and in your confirmation.
Free cancellation means you can change or cancel your booking free of fees, if done within time period set by the hotel. This is written in the room conditions and in your confirmation as well.
- Do I pay a reservation fee to Istanbulhotels.com ?
No, we do not charge any fees at all.
- What does the price include ?
All the facilities listed under the room type are included in the room price. To see the facilities, just click on the room name. You can see if breakfast or anything else, such as taxes, are included by rolling your cursor over the text in the column called “Conditions”. This information will also be in your confirmation email.
- Are the prices shown on Istanbulhotels.com per person or per room ?
The price we show is for the room for the entire length of the stay, unless otherwise stated in the room type and description.
- Are taxes included in the price ?
This depends on the hotel and room type selected, but it’s easy to see what's included by checking the text under the room name. You can see more detailed information about what is included in the price by moving your cursor over the text in the column called "Conditions". This information will also be in your confirmation email.
- Is breakfast included in the price ?
This depends on the hotel and the room type. You can see if it is included by checking the text just below the room name. If it is not included, you can roll your cursor over the text in the column called “Conditions”, to find out if it is available and what, if any, the additional costs are. This information will also be included in your confirmation email.
About Credit Cards
- Can I make a reservation without a credit card ?
A valid credit card is needed to guarantee your reservation with all hotels. You can also make a booking using someone else’s credit card if you have their permission. In this case please confirm the card holder’s name and write that you have permission to use their card in the “Special Requests” box while making your booking.
- The hotel has charged my credit card, what should I do ?
Please check the payment conditions in your confirmation email to ensure that the charge is not just part of the hotel’s reservation policy. If you feel you have been charged incorrectly, please contact the hotel directly.
- Can I use a debit card to complete my reservation ?
Generally hotels cannot accept a debit card to guarantee a booking. However, there are some exceptions. If your chosen hotel can accept a debit card, you will see this option under “Hotel Policies” while making your booking.
- What is a pre-authorisation ?
When you make a reservation, there may be instances where the hotel will contact your credit (or debit) card company to confirm that the card you are using is valid and hasn’t been reported loss or stolen. At this time, they may also check to see if the card has enough money to cover the transaction. This is communicated in the form of a pre-authorisation of the full amount of your reservation. The hotel, however, will not proceed with the charge. The time at which your card will be charged will depend on the terms and conditions linked to your booking.
- Can I make a reservation for myself using someone else’s credit card ?
Yes, you can but only if you have permission from the card holder. Please state this in the "Remarks/Special Requests” box while making your reservation. The hotel may require authorisation from the card holder. Please also note that in the case of a no/show or late cancellation, any penalties will be charged from the card provided.
- Why do I need to give my credit card details ?
Istabulhotels.com requests credit card details to confirm your reservation with the hotel, on your behalf. Your credit card may be checked (pre-authorised) to ensure that it is valid and/or that sufficient funds are available. After the check, the full amount will be available to you again. In some cases, your credit card details will be used to process the payment for the reservation at the time of booking. Your credit card will only be charged if you have requested a pre-paid room or if the cancellation policy found under “Hotel Policies” and room “Conditions” has not been followed.
- Which credit cards can I use to complete my booking ?
To make a reservation via Istanbulhotels.com, all hotels accept:
Some hotels also accept other credit cards, such as American Express, for reservation purposes. You can see which credit cards a hotel accepts in the “Hotel Policies” section while making your booking.
- Are my credit card details safe ?
Istanbulhotels.com uses a secure connection for your booking:
- Your personal data and credit card details are encrypted.
- Our secure server uses “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) technology, the online industry’s standard.
- You can see detailed informations in “Terms & Conditions”.
- The credit card that I used to make a booking is no longer valid. What should I do ?
Please contact the hotel directly. You can find their contact information in your confirmation email. For security reasons, never provide your credit card details by email.
- I am entering my credit card details, when will I pay ?
The payment process for your stay varies according to the hotel and room type. You can check how you will be charged for your stay in the “Hotel Policies”, in the room description under “Conditions” and in your booking confirmation mail.
- Does the hotel need a deposit or a payment in advance ?
Most hotels do not require an advance payment or deposit. If they do, you will find the details under “Hotel Policies” on the hotel’s Istanbulhotels.com page and in your confirmation email.
- Can I pay for my stay in advance ?
It depends on the hotel. Please contact the hotel after your booking to be sure, and to make the necessary arrangements. You can find the hotel’s contact information in your confirmation email.
- Can I pay for my stay at the hotel with a different credit card than the one used to make the reservation ?
In most cases the hotel will accept payment for the stay on a different card or in cash. Please ensure that the new card or cash is accepted by the hotel.
About Reservation Process
- How can I make a special request? For example: a sea view, twin beds, room on a certain floor or dietary needs ?
During the booking process you can enter any special requests into the “Special Requests” box. Once you have received your booking confirmation, you can follow-up with the hotel directly to confirm that your request can be met.
- Can I book a hotel for day use ?
No, bookings are for one night minimum stays only. Istanbulhotels.com can only reserve hotel rooms, not meeting rooms or conference facilities.
- How can I make a group reservation ?
Many hotels on our website can accommodate groups.
- Please note that the number of rooms assigned to a group varies for each hotel and that special conditions may apply for group bookings.
About Hotel Policies
- I will be arriving earlier/later than the stated check-in time. Can I still check-in ?
Usually this is not a problem. However, you should always confirm with the hotel. You can use the “Special Requests” box in the booking process to inform them of your estimated arrival time in writing. Once you’ve received your confirmation, you can follow-up with the hotel directly using the contact information provided.
- I want to check out after the stated check-out time. What should I do ?
A late check-out can only be arranged with the hotel and usually depends on availability at the time of your stay. You can ask about the possibility at reception upon arrival.
- I want a smoking room however I can only choose a non-smoking room. How can I request a smoking room ?
If there are no smoking rooms listed, it means that the hotel does not allow smoking in the rooms.
- How do I know that my reservation is confirmed ?
As soon as you have completed the booking process, the confirmation page appears. This page shows all of your reservation details, including the booking number and your PIN code, so you can access your confirmation online at “Istanbulhotels.com”. We also send you a confirmation email with all your booking informations.
- What is my PIN code and what do I need it for ?
Your PIN code is the 4-digit number on your booking confirmation, which in combination with your booking number, allows you to login to your account. Therefore; you can view, change or cancel your booking. Please keep your pin code confidential.
- I have booked a hotel but I did not receive a confirmation by email. What do I have to do ?
Please carefully check the inbox and the spam/junk folders for the email address you provided while making the booking. You can also use booking number and PIN code shown on the confirmation page when you completed your booking to log in to your account to see all the informations that would be in the confirmation email. If you need further assistance, you can contact us as well.
- I received an email from Istanbulhotels.com claiming to be from the hotel where I booked my stay. Why did I receive this message ?
In an effort to better serve our customers, while improving the lines of communication between hotels and guests, you may occasionally receive such emails. While sending these emails, we use email aliases to protect the privacy of our customers. And on occasion, our system will automatically forward the email from the hotel to our customers by using these aliases. Please be aware that this correspondence will be generated by the hotel and sent via Istanbulhotels.com on their behalf.
About Cancellation / Modification of Reservation
- Can I cancel or modify my reservation through Istanbulhotels.com ?
Yes, it’s easy. You can cancel or modify your booking via our self-service tool on our website. Please, remember to check the hotel’s cancellation policy before making any changes to your booking. Non-refundable rooms and the rooms with other special deals can have different cancellation policy. Room specific cancellation information is included beside the room type under the “Conditions” column.
- If I need to cancel my booking will I pay a cancellation fee ?
Cancellation policy varies from hotel to hotel and room to room. You can check what any hotel’s policy is, and whether they will charge a cancellation fee, under “Hotel Policies”. This information is also included in your confirmation email. Please note that non-refundable rooms and/or rooms with other special deals can have different policy. You can see specific room policies under the “Conditions” column beside “Room Type".
- Can I cancel or change a flash deal or non-refundable booking ?
It is not possible to change the dates of stay for “Flash Deals” and “Non-Refundable” bookings because of their special low rates. If you choose to cancel reservations for these rooms, you may incur charges according to the hotel’s policy.
- How do I know that my booking has been cancelled ?
Once you have cancelled your reservation, you should receive an email confirming the cancellation. Please check your inbox and spam/junk mail folders. If you don’t receive an email, please contact us.
About Guest Reviews
- How can I write a review ?
We invite you (by email) to write a review after you have booked through us and stayed at the chosen hotel.
- Who can write a review ?
Everyone who books through Istanbulhotels.com will be invited to write a review after their stay.
- Can I edit a written review ?
You are not able to edit a review once it is submitted.
- Why has my review not been posted yet ?
We receive many reviews so it can take a couple of days for them to appear on the website.
- Can I also leave a comment anonymously ?
Yes, you can also leave a review anonymously; in this case only your country, date of review and 'you were travelling as' will be shown.
- Can I write the review in the language that I want ?
We support the website in 7 languages. We advise you to write in the language that you chose while making the booking.