Privacy and Cookies
What is a cookie ?
Cookies are small and temporary files which are stored on visitors’ computers. Designed to hold a modest amount of data, cookies can be accessed either by the web server or the user’s computer. This allows the server to deliver a tailored page to user.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user in each page. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website. That’ s why, cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing ?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
What types of cookies does Istanbulhotels.com use ?
We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: Those cookies help you to use all essential features of Istanbulhotels.com. Without those cookies, our website would not work properly and you would not be able to use the features such as your secure account pages.
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make our website function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in, to manage your bookings and to let you manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to save user settings, to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively; for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and services you viewed and booked earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the function of our website. However, they increase functionality for you and enhance your experiences.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure that we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website.
- Commercial cookies: We use these cookies to show you advertisements of Istanbulhotels.com on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on the locations you have been searching for and the whole services you have viewed.
- Social networking cookies: They are usually set by the social networking providers, and they enable sharing and networking to be smooth and seamless for users.
How can user manage cookies ?
User can set or amend the settings of web browser to delete or disable cookies. If user chooses to disable the cookies, the access to some functions and areas of Istanbulhotels.com may be degraded or restricted. The cookies we use have varying lifespans according to user and browser settings. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want. Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need. If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
We follow reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal informations of the users. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal informations that you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal informations on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal informations in the course of their work.
The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to purchase, cancel or modify any services available through Istanbulhotels.com by TTG Travel Agency. When we receive information from a child under the age of 18, we reserve the right to delete it.
Istanbulhotels.com is committed to protecting your privacy because your privacy is important to us.
After you make a reservation, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, e-mail, payment information, the names of the guests travelling with you and your preferences for the service. Only chosen service provider will get e-mail which will include all the details of you to provide service.
Istanbulhotels.com offers online travel services through its own websites and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The informations gathered applies to all of these platforms.
What kind of personal informations does Istanbulhotels.com use ?
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, to review your previous bookings, to take advantage of special offers and to manage your future reservations.
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain informations, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and informations about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. We might also calculate and process data related to the type of apps installed on a mobile device, such as the name of the app, an app description and the category it belongs to. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still considered to be ‘personal’ information.
Security of Personal Informations
When user submits any form which requires personal account informations, Istanbulhotels.com uses a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) helps to protect the user informations as it travels over the internet by encryption. Furthermore, Istanbulhotels.com has implemented security mechanisms and procedures to protect datas from loss, misuse and unauthorized accesses.
Why does Istanbulhotels.com collect, use and share your personal details ?
- For reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal informations to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the service provider whose service you have booked.
• For customer service: We provide customer service from our local office in Istanbul. Your details allow us to respond when you need us – including helping you find appropriate service and responding to queries related to your reservation.
• For account administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the informations you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily, manage your personal settings, and review services that you have searched for before.
• For guest reviews: We may use your contact informations to invite you to write a guest review after you use your service. This can help other travellers to choose the service that suits them best.
• For marketing activities: We also use your informations for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
1.When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact informations to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time.
2.Based on the informations you share with us, individualised offers may be shown to you on the Istanbulhotels.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
3.When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
• For other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact informations you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
1.We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
2.If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the service again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
3.When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experiences with Istanbulhotels.com.
4.We may also send you other materials related to your reservation, such as how to contact Istanbulhotels.com if you need assistance while you are away, or a summary of previous reservations you made through Istanbulhotels.com.
• For market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in a market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• For fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal informations for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
• For improving our services: Finally, we use personal informations for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experiences, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Istanbulhotels.com use social media ?
We use social media to promote our partners’ properties, services and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Istanbulhotels.com website. That’s why, when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
We may also enable you to sign in to Istanbulhotels.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does Istanbulhotels.com share your data with third parties ?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The service you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the provider that you have booked its service. This may include informations such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of the guests travelling with you and any preferences you specified while making a booking.
- Other companies within Istanbulhotels.com corporate family: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your service, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of Istanbulhotels.com corporate family.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal informations on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send the reservation informations on our behalf to the service you just booked, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. And we work with third-party advertisement networks to market our accommodation and services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal informations for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites to distribute the services listed on our website and mobile apps. When you make a reservation on one of these business partners’ websites, certain personal informations that you give them may be shared with us. Similarly, we may share informations with these business partners, for example, as part of the administration of your account, in order to manage your reservation, so that they can address queries related to your reservation and for marketing purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal informations with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
How does Istanbulhotels.com make use of mobile devices ?
We have free apps for mobile devices. These apps collect and process your personal details in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find hotels nearby.
How does Istanbulhotels.com use guest reviews ?
After you use one of our services that you booked through us, you will be invited to submit a guest review. If you don’t want to be named on the review, it can be displayed online anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as further described in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant service information pages on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant service or on our business partner’s website, to inform other travellers about the quality and services of provider.
Neither Istanbulhotels.com nor any app offers services directed to children. If Istanbulhotels.com realizes that a child under the age of 18 has provided any personal informations without parent’s or guardian’s consent, those informations will be removed / deleted.