This dance theater is located in the center of the
historical peninsula of Istanbul and has been converted
from a 550 year old historical Turkish bath called
Hodjapasha Hamami in 2008. It was originally built by Hodja Sinan Pasha, who was a teacher and mentor of Fatih Sultan Mehmet during 1470. It was a public hamam, for men and women. The hamam was relatively large, with a high dome, made of ashlars and the angular walls were designed as a peacock's tail.